Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cowboy Town Blog Stop


Ever since her parents passed away in a tragic car accident, Eden Cross has been living a quiet, stable and predictable life in inner Sydney – the total opposite of her carefree, relaxed, happy-go-lucky past. Her parents passing and the fact she’s an only child meant Eden was left with her best friend, Jules and Matt, her boyfriend of three years as her only family. That was until she discovered something about Matt that would turn her life upside down. Eden leaves Sydney in a hurry and begins an adventure that takes her across four Australian states before she lands in Pine Creek, Northern Territory.

Jackson Henley has lived in Pine Creek his entire life. He runs a massive cattle and cropping station with his twin brother, Jeremy, which they inherited when their parents retired. He’s had a bad experience with relationships courtesy of The Bitch - Dannika, so lately he’s preferred to play the field. That is, until he comes face to face with the stunning brunette beauty who’s behind the bar at the Cow and Calf. The problem is, she won’t tell him her name, she won’t give him the time of day, and she won’t give him a chance to prove himself.

What’s it going to take for Eden to give Jackson a chance? Does he have the patience to even bother fighting for her? How will he handle the competition?

In the end, will Jackson have what it takes to convince Eden to start living again, instead of just existing?
 
At the beginning you see how hard life can be and how many twists it can take. Eden has had to learn these things the hard way and in the first chapters she gets thrown for another loop. When she sets out to find herself I couldn’t help but root for her. She made me want to reach in and tell her it would all be ok. When she lands in the town she eventually calls home, I couldn’t help but wonder what would come out of this life experience for her. When everything starts setting in motion I finally got to start catching a glimpse of the Eden that once was. When Jackson Henley walks into the picture I wanted to jump in and let him chase me! He is all cowboy and all man! He makes you want to be the one he is interested in, the one he gets possessive over and the one he treats like a freaking princess! When Eden’s ex walked back in all I could hope for was Jackson taking the reins and dealing with him one on one. How hot is a protective man! This book was a great read for a rainy day and I can’t wait to see what Ava and Jeremy’s story holds. It was a good amount of erotica, not too much and definitely not over doing it! I recommend it for a beach read or a rainy day inside!

 
Interview with Kasey Milstead
 
What made you decide to start writing?
I always wanted to write, but I was too scared to tell anyone or pursue it.  After I lost my little boy, I decided life was too short and I was just going to go for it!
Where do you get the inspiration for your stories and characters?
Most times, I’ve been browsing potential book covers and a story will come to mind when I see a particular cover.  Other times, I’ve been driving or just watching TV and an idea will come to me.
What is your writing process like?
I usually just write from start to finish but sometimes a scene will come to me and I’ll write it down and incorporate it later.  Usually when I’m driving, I’ll construct the book in my head.  Then when I get back to the computer, I start typing my ideas out and adding bits and pieces.
Which character of yours is your favorite and why?
Probably Oscar (Jeremy’s son in Cowboy Town) because his character is based on my son, Jovi, who passed away in 2011 in a drowning accident.  He was five and a half and he had Autism, like Oscar.  I also loved Jemma (from Emerald).  Her story really got under my skin and I felt for everybody whose life story is similar to hers.
Do you have a specific writing style?
I basically write how I talk, minus a few ‘fucks’.  I swear…a lot!
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
That living in Australia is awesome?!  Not so much in Cowboy Town, but in Emerald, I wanted to give justice and pay homage to people who had lived through abuse of any kind – mental, physical, sexual.
Who are your favorite authors?
Oh god, I could go on forever.  There are so many talented authors out there!  Madeline Sheehan, Kristen Ashley, E.L James, J. Sterling, Bec Botefuhr…the list is endless. J
What books have most influenced your life most?
Stuart Diver’s Survival, Waris Dirie’s Desert Flower, Janine Shephard’s Never Tell Me Never and Betty Mahmoody’s Not Without My Daughter are all books that influenced me during my teenage years.  They are such inspirational stories, written by the most amazing people. 
What book are you reading now?
I’m reading Fear Of Falling by S.L Jennings. 
Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
I’m looking forward to reading Kaylee Ryan’s debut novel.  That’s the only one I can think of, off the top of my head!
 Who designs your book covers?
I do them myself.
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Writing the last paragraph always seems to be the hardest for me.  I’m also not fond of writing the blurbs for my books.
What was your favorite part of your book(s)?
Writing the first paragraph.  It feels good to start a new story.
Is there anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
Sapphire was all imagination.  Emerald, I think came from me constantly reading true crime for most of my life.  Cowboy Town is pretty much based on real life.  My husband likes to “research” the sex scenes for my books so I’ll leave it to your imagination to decipher whether they’re based on real life or not! ;)
How do you come up with the titles for your books?
Sapphire and Emerald came from the colour of the male leads eyes.  Cowboy Town just sprung to mind when I saw the cover.  Sky Cowboy (my next book) was my brother’s idea.  He works as a helicopter musterer in the Northern Territory and they’re known as sky cowboys.
What do you like to do when you are not writing?
Read, bake, spend time with friends.  I’ve recently discovered Sons Of Anarchy, so I’ve been engrossed in the DVD’s.
If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Without a doubt, I would pick my son.  I’d love to have just one more cuddle.  One more kiss.  And to hear one more “I love you, mummy”.
Do you have any upcoming projects?
I have lots!  I’m currently working on Sky Cowboy (Ava & Jeremy).  After that is Cowboy Dreams (Jules & Clay) and after that is Cowboy Endings – which will be one book split into three sections (Eden & Jackson, Ava & Jeremy, Jules & Clay).  Sort of like an epilogue novel.
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Just, thank you.  Thank you so much for your support and encouragement.  Thanks for purchasing my books, for reading them and for leaving reviews to let me know what you thought.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you!! J xo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment