Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hot Mess Review

Synopsis from Goodreads



Coming July 2013

Sam is a single dad, trying to get over the death of his ex-wife, and help his daughter move on from the loss of her mother.

Rachel is a single mom with a secret of her own that has kept her out of the dating scene for years.


What happens when this drop-dead gorgeous firefighter moves in across the street from the reticent woman with a past?

Sparks fly as the heat level rises in this new novel of Serendipity.

My Review





*I received a copy of this book for an honest review*

Hot Mess is an emotional roller coaster for sure! Along with being an emotional romance, it was very REAL. No fluff here. The story deals with a serious subject matter of a certain medical condition. Sorry, you will have to read the book to find out what kind of condition.

It was very interesting with how the author wrote the story with two points of view. It was able to show both sides: living with the medical condition along with how it affects the people in the patient’s life. It was amazing how much research the author did for this story. She was able to make it very informational without making the reader form a certain opinion. It left it to where the reader could form their own opinion.

I found it very refreshing that the story wasn’t filled with a lot of sex. Of course, it was filled with sexual tension, but I liked it. That was one of the reasons why the story felt so real.

At 46% in the book, I was on the edge of my seat with the heart pounding suspense. Rachel’s secret is finally out, but certainly not the way Rachel would have liked it to come out. You could definitely say that the secret came out in less than favorable circumstances.
Just when I thought that the roller coaster ride was going to level out to allow my heart to heal, I was plunged down the track again. The story is completely unpredictable, and I loved that. I always enjoy not being able to predict what will happen next.

My favorite quote from the story was, “I’m a firefighter. I live for danger.” That one simple quote held so much promise and hope for the story! I don’t want to put any spoilers in this review so you will just have to read the story to know just how sweet that quote is.

The only thing that I didn’t enjoy about the story was the ending. Yes, the story wraps up in the end, but just not as completely as I would have liked. It felt like a small part was missing. Maybe the author left it that way for the reader to use their imagination and fill in the blanks. The story doesn’t have a cliff hanger, which is a huge plus for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment